What Are The 4 Types Of Introverts? Best Guide 2020
In our modern society, someone who chooses isolation and prefers to enjoy his own company is considered as a shy or antisocial person. No matter if they are some of the most skilled people to grace the earth.
Introverts in the room are the smartest people. But their quiet behavior stop them from meeting and communicating with others in the room. And the word ‘introvert’ do not just end on the point that it makes introverted person anti-social. But it has four types that defines different introversion.
This article is more concerned with what are the 4 types of introverts? In case you don’t know ‘what are introverts?’ below lies your answer.
What Are Introverts?
In the 1960s Psychologist Carl Jung was the first person to describe these two personality traits (introvert and extrovert). According to him, introvert prefer a minimally stimulating environment, and they need time alone to recharge but extrovert charge themselves by being with others.
In general introverts:
- Enjoy spending time with the person whom they know very well.
- Can process information deeply and work most effectively.
- Take time in making decisions and use their imaginations to work out a problem.
- Most of the time engage themselves in the conversation just by scrutinizing.
- Enjoy manifestation and observation.
What Are The 4 Types Of Introverts?
Psychologist Jonathan Cheek, who teaches personality psychology at Wellesley College, says there are four types of introverts – social, thinking, anxious and restrained.
1. Social Introvert
According to Cheek, social introverts like to stay at home with their favorite book or computer. They enjoy hanging out with close friends instead of attending big parties with strangers.
They choose solace rather than be a mix-up with the unknown and this never can be explained as their shyness. Social introverts have no such anxiety to do so. They are just happy at their own private space.
Here are some good tips for you –
- Clasp your introverted nature and take some alone time to recharge yourself.
- Do not try to push yourself to talk with someone to make them happy.
- Keep in touch with your family and friends who understand you better and accept you the way you are.
2. Thinking Introvert
It is a new concept. Thinking introverts are thoughtful people. They have a high level of thinking and capable of getting lost in a fantasy world. It does not mean that thinking introverts have some neurotic disorder, but they are self-respective. They think in a creative way. People with rich and complex inner feelings generally pay more attention to self-awareness.
If you delight your own make-believe world, here are some tips for you to keep going and know your worth:
- Keep yourself busy in pursuing your hobbies and creativity.
- Know your strength of high-level thinking and put forth into something interesting (for ex: journaling).
- Make some meaningful relationship that keeps you inspiring on the way of a journey of deep thoughts and channelize it productively.
3. Anxious Introvert
In comparison to social introverts, anxious introverts intentionally withdraw themselves from social gatherings. They keep on thinking and brooding themselves even after an event. They are always anxious about something that went wrong, or the way they behave with others.
Anxious introverts do not feel much comfortable around people as they think they are lagging in social skills.
Keeping in mind the struggle, sharing here some tips to help you upshot from this type of introversion:
- Put yourself on priority, practice some mindful activities, exercise daily, and get a balanced diet. This will help you to become more confident.
- Always remember that things will get right with a punch of time, if it’s not going in the right way, it’s definitely not the end of anything.
- Share your anxiety with your family and close friends, they will always give you support and reassurance.
4. Restrained Introvert
Retrained introverts are a kind of reserved nature people. They will not react immediately, but will think before speaking or reacting to anything.
They are also shy in making immediate decisions.
Here’s what you can do if you are a restrained introvert –
- Allot extra time especially in the morning to adjust your mood swings and to avoid last minute hustle-bustle.
- At the end of the day, spend some me-time to chill your thoughts.
- Communicate with your close friends and family to cultivate a cheerful environment around you.
Introvert Vs Extrovert
1. How they recharge their energy level?
Introverts always wants to be alone to regain their energy. On the other hand, extroverts recharge themselves by craving people around them.
2. How they respond?
If we talk about extroverts first, there is not a lot of processing going on in their brain, they do not think much before speaking. Usually they respond with the first thing that comes to their mind.
Introverts on the other hand, if questioned about something, thinks before speaking. Their brain begins to think about all possible answers which they can give for a particularly asked question. They try to find right words to respond. They are usually misunderstood for not knowing anything.
3. How they feel around people?
Introverts enjoy their own company after being around people. Even when they enjoy the event and have a great time but still drained to interact with others.
Extroverts become more excited and ecstatic from being around other people. They usually like to discover different personalities. They talk to people and easily become their friends. Extroverts are opposite. They can’t go without meeting people.
Interesting Facts About Introverts
Lots of research has performed to know the tendencies, habits and needs of introverts. Listing below some amazing facts to know them better:
- Introverts more quickly react to information than extroverts, but they generally do not take charge of it.
- Introverts know better the feeling of connectivity, but they usually crave deep and meaningful conversations.
- Creativity thrives in silence and introverts know how to take benefit out of it as they prefer solitude.
- Introverts derive pleasure from nature and rainy weather attracts them more due to its white noise of rain.
- Whenever introverts pretend to be extroverts they mislead and agitate their natural way of performance.
What Makes Introverts Unique Soul?
“Solitude matters, and for some people, it’s the air they breathe”– Susan Cain
Talk over some of the enchantments that individuals have being as introverts:
- Great observers and listeners: They examine every detail that others sometimes miss out on. They respect to listen and pay attention to what others say instead of imposing their views on their saying.
- Acquire by viewing: Introverts learn things usually by observing them. First, they attempt it in private and then show it openly to rescue themselves from being evaluated.
- More careful: Introverts are extremely loyal to their values when it comes to relationships. They share a great deal of compassion and care for whom they choose to be close with.
After analyzing all the different points in the article mentioned above, I hope it must be clear to you that we all are of the same impulses, but what makes us different from one another is our nature.
Are you an introvert? Did you find these facts to be relevant and valuable? Do let us know in the comment section below.
7 Relationship Counselling Sessions Pack
Counselling Session Time: 1 Hour, starts at 11 AM IST.
Note: Reach out to the Counselor before you book an appointment either via email at email@example.com or 8830604694